In this course, you will learn to:
- Identify the characteristics of the struggling adolescent reader
- Understand the difference between struggling and reluctant readers
- Support reading choice and differentiation in the classroom
- Use strategies for comprehension
- Teach academic vocabulary
Dr. McKnight is an author, educator, and consultant. Her career in education began as a high school English teacher in the Chicago Public School system. She received her B.A. degree from George Washington University, her M.Ed. from Northeastern Illinois University, and her Ph.D. from the University of Illinois at Chicago. She currently serves as a Distinguished Professor of Research at National Louis University. Dr. McKnight travels worldwide as a professional development consultant and is a sought after speaker in the fields of adolescent literacy, inclusive classrooms, Common Core State Standards, interdisciplinary literacy, and integrating technology in the 21st century classroom.