Being able to answer these questions is fundamental to building fluency with fractions. This course, taught by Mary Headley from Math with Mary, is part one in a series designed to help you teach fractions deeply, enabling your students to learn fractions with understanding and to retain that knowledge.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Understand instructional strategies for teaching fractions
- Use models to teach the conceptual development of fractional parts
- Identify examples and nonexamples of fractional parts
- Recognize how building a strong foundation for fractions impacts future success in mathematics
- Eliminate “fracnophobia” from your classroom
- Implement the skills students use to process mathematics into your lessons on fractions