In this course from Noodle Nook, Ayo Jones shares the rationale for instructional models in special education as well as the practical teacher tools and strategies needed to be successful. This session works well for new special education teachers. It also helps experienced teachers who are looking for ways to improve instruction.
In this 1.75-hour course, you will learn:
- About explicit instruction, systematic instruction, and direct instruction
- How to apply these models of instruction in a self-contained classroom
- How to write better lesson plans for a self-contained special ed classroom
- How to organize instruction for students with significant disabilities
- What presentation strategies work best in a self-contained classroom
- How to build independence using levels of support
- Seven steps to implement better instruction in a self-contained classroom
This course includes a printable lesson planning template and datasheet as well as access to digital and editable versions. This session specifically targets lesson planning and standard alignment for teachers in the state of Texas. However, classroom setup and instructional strategies will apply to teachers and classrooms everywhere.
Ayo Jones is an experienced special education teacher, successful instructional coach, and charismatic professional speaker. Driven by her love for all things special education, Ayo provides educators teaching students with significant disabilities exactly what they need to survive and thrive. In her over 15 years in education, she has coached hundreds of teachers, trained thousands of educational professionals, and developed curriculum for tens of thousands of students with disabilities. She is a regular consultant to multiple school districts and educational support centers throughout Texas and beyond as well as in West Africa, where she does outreach to underserved students.
Ayo is the founder of Noodle Nook, an online resource for teachers in special education, providing tools for classroom success. She hosts a teacher podcast, is a published author, and delivers curriculum to teachers worldwide, including Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia. Best known for her engaging public speaking, Ayo’s captivating presence and witty delivery have made her a sought-after professional trainer.
There are no reviews yet.