As a coach or mentor, you face multiple challenges in improving teacher performance. Professional development is crucial, but it is not enough. You must also assume the roles of therapist, motivator, evaluator, and guide. As the number of teachers you coach grows, providing meaningful feedback and support becomes increasingly challenging. In this course, Ayo Jones will demonstrate how digital coaching with video and videoconferencing can help you overcome these obstacles.
During the 90-minute course, you will learn:
- How to leverage video and videoconferencing to observe and coach teachers in real-time
- Strategies for creating a judgment-free environment to encourage teacher engagement and participation
- How to establish a system for gathering and sharing classroom samples using Google Forms and cell phone footage
- The benefits of building virtual learning communities for collaboration, peer support, and targeted remediation
- How to execute a five-step digital coaching plan, including setting program goals, recording videos, establishing protocols, conducting meetings to review the videos and set action plans, and tracking progress
Ayo Jones is an experienced special education teacher, successful instructional coach, and charismatic professional speaker. Driven by her love for all things special education, Ayo provides educators teaching students with significant disabilities exactly what they need to survive and thrive. In her over 15 years in education, she has coached hundreds of teachers, trained thousands of educational professionals, and developed curriculum for tens of thousands of students with disabilities. She is a regular consultant to multiple school districts and educational support centers throughout Texas and beyond as well as in West Africa, where she does outreach to underserved students.
Ayo is the founder of Noodle Nook, an online resource for teachers in special education, providing tools for classroom success. She hosts a teacher podcast, is a published author, and delivers curriculum to teachers worldwide, including Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia. Best known for her engaging public speaking, Ayo’s captivating presence and witty delivery have made her a sought-after professional trainer.
1 review for Digital Coaching with Video and Videoconferencing
There are no reviews yet.