In this lesson, you will learn how to:
- Allow your students to fail safely, level up, and receive instant feedback in your classroom
- Prepare your students for the test and for real life
- Take risks in the classroom
- Design classroom experiences that leave an impression on your students
- Distinguish truly meaningful technology from all other technology
Ms. McNair’s passion for changing education shines through in this engaging multimedia presentation. She asks tough questions that will encourage you to reflect on what matters most to your students, and she offers practical suggestions to help you engage them in meaningful learning experiences.
Andi was a classroom teacher for 16 years before pursuing her passion to change education by sharing practical ways to engage and empower today’s learners. She was named one of the Top People in Education to Watch in 2016 by the Academy of Education Arts and Sciences. Andi has published Genius Hour: Passion Projects that Ignite Innovation and Student Inquiry; A Meaningful Mess: A Teacher’s Guide to Student-Driven Classrooms, Authentic Learning, Student Empowerment, and Keeping It All Together Without Losing Your Mind; and Taking Genius Hour to the Next Level.