When it comes to legal matters, the saying “What you don’t know can’t hurt you” definitely does not apply. Not knowing your legal requirements regarding the protection of your students’ personal data can definitely cause trouble for you and for your students. In “Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Compliance in Schools,” teachers, staff, and administrators will learn the basics of FERPA and be well-equipped to know how to protect their students’ data in a variety of classroom situations. For instance, how does this act apply to the use of third-party technology in the classroom?
In this course, you will learn:
- Your legal and ethical obligations
- What federal law requires
- How to handle different types of records
- Implications for technology in the classroom
- Many other important aspects of FERPA that you need to know
This course is also available in Spanish.