- Your legal and ethical obligations
- What federal law requires
- How to handle different types of records
- Implications for technology in the classroom
- Many other important aspects of FERPA that you need to know
Presenter: Responsive Learning
Core Area: Compliance
Grade Level: Elementary & Secondary
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is the federal guidelines for how schools are required to protect students’ personal data, such as grades, attendance, discipline, and health records. All federally funded schools must comply with this act, which also applies to the use of third-party technologies and other similar situations within the classroom. For that reason, it’s important that teachers, administrators, and staff are up to date on the legal requirements outlined and are equipped to help protect their students’ personal information appropriately.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.