This course, taught by Allison Hand, introduces participants to Sheltered Instruction, which uses course content as a vehicle for teaching language and which is considered to be an essential component of any program for English learners. Ms. Hand answers the following questions about Sheltered Instruction:
- What is Sheltered Instruction?
- Why do we use Sheltered Instruction in all classrooms?
- What are the goals of Sheltered Instruction?
- How do people acquire a second language?
- How do I apply this information in my classroom?