One criticism of modern, American education is that students are taught to memorize correct answers but not taught creative thinking and problem solving. In this in-depth, 6-hour course, Joyce Juntune, Ph.D., delves deeply into essential strategies for developing creative thinking in the classroom. She believes that creative thinking is an essential component leading to the long-term success of gifted students educationally, personally, and professionally. Creative thinking has long been considered the highest form of mental functioning. Dr. Juntune explains how idea generation is the foundation of creative thinking, and she provides applicable tools you can use to help students generate new ideas.
Over the course of six modules, Dr. Juntune will share:
- Lessons from her own background in the field of creativity
- The importance of nurturing creativity
- Developing creative thinkers for the future
- Preparing students to become cutting-edge creative thinkers
- The differences between fluency and flexibility
- The basics of mind sketching, and
- And so much more!