How can educators effectively teach self-advocacy to high school students? Susan Traugh, the renowned author of "Transition to Life" and "Daily Living Skills," presents a comprehensive guide in this course brought to you by Transition2Life & Daily Living Skills. Over the span of 30 minutes, Traugh emphasizes the significance of self-advocacy as a foundational skill for students transitioning from high school to the broader world. She offers insights into the challenges students face and provides actionable strategies for educators to empower their students.
This 30-minute course will equip you with:
- The foundational principles of self-advocacy in transition programs.
- Techniques to teach students to advocate for themselves effectively.
- The role of IDEA of 2004 in shaping self-advocacy education.
- How to equip students with the tools to understand and communicate their needs.
- Strategies for role-playing and real-world application of self-advocacy skills.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.