As educators and administrators, it is paramount that we protect and nurture the lives of the students under our care, and there few threats to students more dangerous than the threat of human trafficking.
In Human Trafficking and Maltreatment Prevention, you’ll learn a number of ways that you can help victims of human trafficking, as well as how to spot those at risk of becoming victims themselves. With crucial tips and guidelines aimed at helping both new and experienced educators protect their students, all educators can benefit from this important course. While the topics of this course may be hard to think about or hear, we owe it to our students to become as informed as possible to help protect them from those that can do them harm.
In this 45-minute course, you’ll learn how to:
- Recognize the risk factors of human trafficking
- Identify potential victims
- Share knowledge with colleagues, parents, and community members
- Engage in local prevention efforts
- Recognize your legal responsibilities and obligations