Drawing from her extensive teaching and consultancy experience, Morris illustrates how these rubrics can be used to track performance, provide constructive feedback, and create a unified professional community.
This course is designed to be completed by a principal and a teacher concurrently. An assessment will be given to each. Following the assessment, the principal and teacher are encouraged to meet and discuss what was learned in the course.
In this 30-minute course, you will learn:
- The application of analytic rubrics in education
- Techniques to provide non-punitive feedback for improvement
- Strategies for tracking teacher or student performance over time
- How to create a professional community around a shared language of improvement
- The mindset to approach scoring, starting from the proficient level, to ensure an honest evaluation
This course is the part of a series on Start of Class Activities. Upcoming sessions are:
Course 1: Implementation Rubric and Self-Assessment Course 2: Rituals
Course 3: Routines
Course 4: Activity Selection
Course 5: Student Roles
Course 6: Class Participation
Course 7: Timing
Course 8: Implementation Rubric, Self-Assessment, & Growth
Some sessions are still in production. Check back soon for newly added courses.