It used to be that intelligence and giftedness were solely based on I.Q. and test scores. As our understanding of giftedness and the brain has expanded, the means of assessing and identifying gifted students have also expanded. In this course, “Screening, Assessment, and Identification of the Gifted”, Joyce Juntune Ph.D., draws from her vast knowledge and experience in gifted education to present invaluable tools for identifying gifted students using a variety of different methods.
In this 6-hour course, you will learn about:
- Definitions and unique characteristics of giftedness
- The role of intelligence in gifted students
- Methods of screening students for signs of giftedness
- Suggestions and guidelines for gifted programs
- Scoring tests
- Differences between testing boys and girls
And much more!