In this 3-hour course, Dr. Colleen Boyle gives an overview of common characteristics of gifted children and discusses their strengths, weaknesses, and potential hangups. You will learn how to help gifted students work through common struggles and use evidence-based data to create solutions to help them succeed.
After taking this course, educators will walk away knowing:
- Key characteristics of gifted students
- Theories of asynchronous development
- Types of overexcitabilities and their influence on classroom performance
- The impact of giftedness on relationships
- How outside factors affect giftedness
- Strategies for managing perfectionism and underachievement
ODE teacher competencies: d, e
NAGC teacher preparation standards: 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 5.5
Click here for a leader’s guide created by the Ohio Association for the Gifted and Talented.