As a coach or mentor, you face multiple challenges in improving teacher performance. Professional development is crucial, but it is not enough. You must also assume the roles of therapist, motivator, evaluator, and guide. As the number of teachers you coach grows, providing meaningful feedback and support becomes increasingly challenging. In this course, Ayo Jones will demonstrate how digital coaching with video and videoconferencing can help you overcome these obstacles.
During the 90-minute course, you will learn:
- How to leverage video and videoconferencing to observe and coach teachers in real-time
- Strategies for creating a judgment-free environment to encourage teacher engagement and participation
- How to establish a system for gathering and sharing classroom samples using Google Forms and cell phone footage
- The benefits of building virtual learning communities for collaboration, peer support, and targeted remediation
- How to execute a five-step digital coaching plan, including setting program goals, recording videos, establishing protocols, conducting meetings to review the videos and set action plans, and tracking progress