In this course from Lisa Van Gemert, you will learn to use small group instruction in a way that your students will embrace and even look forward to. Ms. Van Gemert walks you through how to do each of the following:
- Lead by example when it comes to group learning.
- Make intentional decisions about whether to use small group whole group instruction for any learning experience.
- Teach students the skills required to work successfully in a small group, such as listening well, using clear and concise speech, coming to consensus, sharing reasoning, taking turns, and making time for self-reflection.
- Divide students into groups based on strengths and ensure students are only responsible for and graded on their own work, not the work of others.
- Implement ideas that will take small group learning to the next level.