In this course from Noodle Nook, Ayo Jones shares the rationale for instructional models in special education as well as the practical teacher tools and strategies needed to be successful. This session works well for new special education teachers. It also helps experienced teachers who are looking for ways to improve instruction.
In this 1.75-hour course, you will learn:
- About explicit instruction, systematic instruction, and direct instruction
- How to apply these models of instruction in a self-contained classroom
- How to write better lesson plans for a self-contained special ed classroom
- How to organize instruction for students with significant disabilities
- What presentation strategies work best in a self-contained classroom
- How to build independence using levels of support
- Seven steps to implement better instruction in a self-contained classroom
This course includes a printable lesson planning template and datasheet as well as access to digital and editable versions. This session specifically targets lesson planning and standard alignment for teachers in the state of Texas. However, classroom setup and instructional strategies will apply to teachers and classrooms everywhere.