Offered by Gifted Guru, this course delves into the ‘Not-So-Fab Four’ of youth mental health – depression, anxiety, self-harm, and eating disorders. It’s not just about identifying these issues; it’s about understanding their characteristics, learning prevention strategies, and knowing the best intervention practices. Whether you’re an educator, parent, or anyone involved in youth development, this course provides a comprehensive understanding of these critical issues.
While this course is beneficial on its own, it is intended as a follow-up session to The Not-So-Fab Four – Addressing Common Mental Health Issues in Youth, which is available in our course library.
In this one-hour course, you’ll learn:
- The key traits of the ‘Not-So-Fab Four’
- Contemporary preventative strategies for these mental health issues
- How to apply effective intervention practices
- Recognizing early warning signs in youth
- The right approach to discussing these mental health issues with young people