In this course, created by the Ohio Association for Gifted Children (OAGC), educators Karen Rumley and Carol Sparber draw on their years of experience to challenge common assumptions about what it means to be twice-exceptional and how to best help your students learn. You’ll discover both research-based data and practical examples to help you create a curriculum that supports twice-exceptional learners.
After taking this course, educators will understand:
- Characteristics of twice-exceptional learners
- The definition of strengths-based instruction
- The different types of strengths-based approaches to learning
- Strategies used to facilitate learning
- How to apply SPINs to case studies