Gifted children require differentiation in the classroom to meet their unique needs and insure that they are adequately challenged in the classroom. It’s important that they receive the education they need for their development without disturbing or isolating the rest of the class. Join Dr. Juntune as she walks you through the unique minds of gifted children and explains why they need differentiation. She addresses how to practice individualized differentiation on a daily basis without placing a taxing workload on educators.
This course will teach you:
- Why differentiation is essential
- Why it needs to be taking place constantly and cannot be relegated to certain times of the day or week.
- How tapping into the interests of students is invaluable to differentiation
- In-class strategies to naturally incorporate differentiation into the school day
- How to differentiate with limited work on the part of the teacher
- Why enrichment is not enough
- Why offering choice is crucial
And much more!
This course is aligned with 2016 ODE Teacher Competencies a, b, c, e, f, g and NAGC Teacher Preparation Standards 2.2, 2.3, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 5.1, 5.2.