On the surface, perfectionism and procrastination seem like competing qualities. If a student wants things done perfectly, won’t he/she stay on top of deadlines? In reality, perfectionism and procrastination go hand-in-hand to create struggles for many gifted students.
In this 1-hour course, you will learn:
- Possible origins of procrastination
- The cost of perfectionism
- Perfectionism vs. striving for excellence
- Interventions for perfectionism
- Interventions for procrastination
This course is aligned with NAGC Teacher Preparation Standards 7.1, 7.2, 7.3.